Honey Sriracha Salmon over Smashed Sweet Potatoes with pan seared Panko Cauliflower Florets
After making this salmon the other night, my wife’s direct quote was, “This is hands down the best salmon I’ve ever had. You WILL be making it again, VERY soon!” She then proceeded to elbow me and grab the extra piece I made. There goes lunch!
If you’re bored with the same old salmon dishes and don’t mind a little heat, then this recipe is for you. It provides the perfect balance of hot & sweet without overpowering the fresh salmon taste. Serve this one over a bed of simple smashed sweet potatoes and a side of roasted cauliflower.
Your family or guests are going to love this healthy dinner option.
Bonus Meal: Use your leftovers (if there are any) to make a kicked up salad lunch the next day.
Here’s how the Sriracha Salmon is made…
Honey Sriracha Salmon
Honey Sriracha Salmon Ingredients:
- 4 6 ounce Salmon Filets
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 tbs Sherry Cooking Wine
- 1-2 tbs Sriracha to desired heat
- 1-2 tbs Frank's Hot Sauce to desired heat
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Grated Ginger
- Freshly Cracked Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a glass bowl and whisk together vigorously. Place your salmon in a zip-lock bag and pour 1/2 of the mixture into the bag. Gently massage the mixture into the salmon and then place in the refrigerator for one hour.
- In a small sauce pan bring the remaining marinade to a simmer and reduce by a third.
- Remove the salmon from the bags and place onto an oven safe dish. Pour the marinade from the bag over the salmon. Place in the oven for 8 minutes and then baste with the reserved marinade. Cook for another 5 minutes, baste again, and broil for 1-2 minutes or until the top of the salmon is just starting to blacken.
- Remove from the oven and plate. Add thinly sliced green onions. Drizzle any leftover marinade reduction over top of your salmon and serve.
- Serve & Enjoy!